Linkan Engineering was selected by Barrick Goldstrike Mines to commission and operate a 4,000 gpm water treatment plant processing complex mine tailings decant. The facility produces clean water for reuse and concentrates leaching reagents for reuse in the milling process.
Linkan provides the membrane expertise requried to operate this high flow facility on a complex mine water source. Feed water conductivities rival sea water but with supersaturations of potential scaling constituents. Linkan provides both computer-based training and hands-on training of all operators. We provide 24/7/365 staffing of treatmetn operators to support the day-today oepratin of the plant.
In our role as technology expert, Linkan provides continual evaluation of treatment efficencies, membrane management, clean-in-place management of fouled and scalled membranes, and advises on opportunities for process improvement. Linkan is presently engaged to engineer improvements to system operations and capacity to the plant originally designed by others. Linkan has provided detailed pilot testing and engineering evaluations to.
- Operation and troubleshooting of 4,000 gpm tailings reclaim facility
- Operation of MMF, UF and two-stage RO
- Process modifications to remedy plant capacity
2014 – present
- 24/7/365 Operations
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Preventative Mainentance
- Membrane Management
- Chemical Dosing
- Operator Training
- Pilot Testing
- Engineering Design
Mr. John Langhans
- Full-time contract operation of 4,000 gpm high recovery water treatment plant
- Computer-based and hands-on training of Barrick employees and Linkan operators
- 24/7/365 operation of multi-unit treatment process in support of mine production
- Determination of plant firm capacity, review of plant operational costs, scoping of plant modifications required and scoping of capital improvements to reduce long-term operational costs
- Pilot testing, permitting, design and operation of a 4,000 gpm temporary microfiltration plant as pretreatment to the existing plant
- Scoping-level design of a permanent retrofit to the existing plant replacing spiral-wound ultrafiltration with hollow fiber microfiltration